“Medical Device Interoperability for Improving Safety and Efficiency” panel at American Society of Anesthesiologists annual meeting
The January 2007 issue of Anesthesiology News has a story about the ASA panel.
Topics and speakers:
- Session overview and introductions (Julian Goldman, MD/MD PnP Program)
- Welcome: Committee on EMIT focus on interoperability (Keith Ruskin, MD/Chair ASA Committee on Electronic Media and IT)
- Can interoperability support improvements in patient safety? (Jeff Cooper, PhD/Co-Founder Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation)
- Recent advances in achieving interoperability: the MD PnP Program (Goldman)
- What Interoperability Means for Anesthesiologists: A view from The Hill (Bill Horton, MD/ASA Congressional Fellow)
- What drives the adoption of New Technology? (Donald Martin, MD/Chair ASA Committee on Equipment and Facilities)
- Using Interoperability to Support Clinical Requirements (Sandy Weininger, PhD/FDA)
Full session details can be downloaded here.